Saturday, February 15, 2014

T. G. I. S.

Thank the Lord almighty it's Saturday!

This has been such a loooong and tedious week. I had a geometry test on Tuesday, then a french test on Wednesday. I had a huge history paper due Friday. I spent three whole afternoons writing the darn thing! The outcome of this paper basically determines my grade for the quarter. School has really stressed me out this week. It may not seem much, two tests and a paper, but it certainly stressed me out!

My school had a snow day on Thursday, which I was so thankful for. If it weren't for the snow day, I don't think I would have finished my history paper!! The downside of the snow day was that it made Friday feel like a Monday, and I hate Mondays.


The highlight of my week was most definitely Friday. Who doesn't like Fridays? Yesterday, I celebrated my friend's 15th birthday! In my opinion, you are never too old for birthday parties! We had lasagna, mac n' cheese and chicken parm for dinner. It was a carb lover's dream! 

Lasagna is my favorite food ever, what's yours?

Have you ever heard of Cards Against Humanity? I never have until yesterday. It's the most hilarious game ever! We were playing it at the birthday party yesterday. The easiest way to describe the game is it's basically apples to apples but PG-13. It's super funny, and I recommend it for everyone. 



I am too excited that Saturday is here. Not only does it signify the start of the much anticipated weekend, for our school, it is also the start of February Vacation! No school for a week! No stress, no obnoxious classmates, no eccentric teachers, but the best part? No homework! (well actually we do have homework...) My plans for vacation? Well, while my friends slip away on a 10-day cruise to the Bahamas or a trip to Cali, I'm stuck here in New England with all the snow. I will be spending the week in my jammies, catching up on some reading, playing my violin, and just the doing the norm.

Call me weird, but my idea of a perfect vacation has never been traveling. My perfect vacation would be a week at home, not having to have any responsibilities. I would sit around in my jammies, watch movies, catch up on my favorite TV shows, read from dawn until dusk, blog, and not worry about anything. When I say anything, I mean anything. I am extremely lazy on vacations.


As much as I'd like to do nothing this vacation, I can't. My math teacher had the audacity to assign homework and a project. Ugh, way to ruin my hopes of a Gossip Girl marathon. I also have a french project to worry about, and a biology test. Honestly, I don't know if vacations should be called vacations at all.

Basically, I have a lot to accomplish this week. Aside from the school stuff, I would like to do other things on my mind. First of all, I need to start watching Gossip Girl. I have promised myself that I would go on a Gossip Girl marathon. All of my friends have seen the show, and I always heard positive reviews. I feel like its also a classic, every-girl-must-watch kind of show. Speaking of shows, I also want to watch some more Criminal Minds, NCIS, and my guilty pleasure, Dance Moms! In addition, I recently ordered The Fault in Our Stars, Divergent, and Eleanor & Park online. If they come in early enough, I absolutely need to read them during vacation! When I finish them, I'll definitely do a review! If you have any book suggestions, please comment!

Criminal Minds is such a good show!

Excited to start watching!



Books
I can't wait for these to arrive!
I love school vacations because they give me so much time to practice my violin. It's tough to fit an hour and a half of practicing everyday. Sometimes I am unable to practice due to tremendous amounts of homework. Thankfully, this vacation will give me more than enough time to practice! I'm currently playing Mendelssohn's Violin Concerto! It' s so beautiful and magnificent. To all the violinists out there: If you haven't played the piece yet, you must!

Hillary Hahn plays Mendelssohn so beautifully!



Share with me where you are going for February Vacation in the comments below!

What are some of your goals for February Vacation?




No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like...