Sunday, February 16, 2014

Songs I Can't Live Without

As a human, music is a central part of life. Music is poetry, music is feelings. There is always a song that can describe my feelings.

I love music. Whether it's classical, pop, rock, jazz, or alternative, I love it. Here are a few, well, a couple, scratch that, a lot of songs that I can't live without:

Imagine
This is absolutely my favorite song of all time. John Lennon is perfect.

Halo
It's a Beyoncé song, is there really an explanation for why its amazing?
Team
There is just something about this song. It's so different, striking, and catchy. The music video is very confusing, but I love the song. 

Don't You Forget About Me
This song is a-maz-ing. The beat is so groovy, and the chorus is so catchy. Every time I hear it, I think of the Breakfast Club.  

Thriller
Who doesn't like this song?

Paradise
My friend recently acquainted me with the song, and I am so thankful she did. I always find me playing this song on replay. The lyrics speak to me.

Man In The Mirror
This song is the best of both worlds, really. It combines great music with activism. I love the message, and the song. OH, and I love Micheal Jackson. :) 

I Will Always Love You
AND III EE-III WILLL AL-WAHHHYY-S LAAH-VE YOUUUUUOOOOUUUU

It's All Coming Back To Me Now
My mother was a die hard Celine Dion fan, so I grew up listening to her music. Every time we went on a road trip, her album would be playing and playing and playing. Basically, I spent most of my childhood listening to Celine. Most people know her song My Heart Will Go On from the Titanic, but I like this song better. 

Hey There Delilah
I immediately fell in love with this song when I first heard it. It was my favorite song for a solid 3 years. This song made me want to learn the guitar!

Brave
I found this song through the Windows Commercial, and I am so glad I did. The beat is so catchy, and the lyrics are inspiring. This is my go-to song for motivation. 

Young and Beautiful
There is something so hauntingly beautiful in every Lana Del Rey song. This song is so beautiful and dark. It gives me shivers.

Bad Romance
Ever since fifth grade, I was a fan of Gaga. Yes, she is weird, eccentric, and different, however I love her songs. I love her individuality and uniqueness. This song is my favorite song by her. 

If I Die Young
This is a really beautiful and sad song. I love it so much, but sometimes the lyrics make me cry.

F**K You
Sorry for the explicit song, but this song is so. darn. good. Lily Allen does not get enough credit for how brilliant she is. This song is something I listen to on a daily basis. The lyrics are catchy, but most importantly, this song promotes equality. 

Sorry for so many songs! What are your favorite songs? Let me know in your comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like...