Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Book Review: The Lost Symbol



Ever since I read The DaVinci Code over the summer, I have been obsessed with Dan Brown. His novels are fast-paced and exhilarating. All the secret societies and ancient texts are super interesting, and his books are just so captivating. I managed to read the Lost Symbol in one day. That's how I can tell if a book is good or not.

In the The Lost Symbol, good ol' Harvard professor Robert Langdon finds himself in another precarious situation. This time, in Washington, D.C. His good friend, who is also a multi-billionaire and a high ranking Freemason Peter Solomon has been kidnapped, and his captor will only release him if Robert finds a portal. Robert's knowledge is once again put to the test and he must dive into the secret society and history of the Freemason society. Read the book to know the details!

I absolutely love Dan Brown. His novels are very unique. The things he says in his novels always makes me wonder if they are real or not. For example, are his descriptions of Freemason initiation rituals fact or fiction? I don't know, but I love how conspiratorial and secretive aspects of his novels. I enjoyed the Lost Symbol just as much as the DaVinci Code. The only bad thing I have to say is that I thought that Warren Bellamy wasn't developed enough, even though he is the Architect, he kind of feels like a random character, the reader doesn't have enough information on him to form an opinion.

If you haven't read Dan Brown, I highly recommend him. You'll be hooked

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like...